Saturday 13 October 2012

The First Post is Always the Hardest

Yo, what's up everybody? This blog is going to be about me and my life starting in the "real world".

So now to introduce myself, my name is Zebra (and no, it is not my real name), I'm in my early 20s and I have graduated college. I live with my mother since the economy is crap and I am currently unemployed (although I do have a second interview for a company next week). This blog is also going to be about my mental health. Currently I hate going to see doctors and I'm afraid of what labels they will give me.

About three years ago I went into a walk in clinic at a hospital and came out with the diagnosis of panic disorder...I have not been to a doctor since. I didn't want to believe that I had a mental illness; I was so in denial...quite frankly I still am. I am now coming to the realization that I truly have more diagnoses to come.

The doctor gave me two pills of ativan and said to go see my family doctor and he would give me more. I never saw my family doctor. I didn't want to be medicated, I was FINE. Truth be told I was not fine and I have become worse since avoiding treating my mental health.

Signing off for now,

Zebra

No comments:

Post a Comment