Wednesday 31 October 2012

Start Work Tomorrow

I am so freaking scared! This is my first legitimate job in this country and it is for a big well known company. I don't know what to do tomorrow. I don't have a sticker on my card to clock in yet...I don't know what to do. I don't know where I'm supposed to go or who is going to be my supervisor. The woman who did my orientation told me that she wasn't going to be there that day so I should just go to the department where I am going to work.

I am a person who likes to know exactly what I am going to do and with whom. I know exactly nothing except the days and times I work. I am working really weird hours since we are changing locations. I work 2 days at the old store and then I switch to the new store and I am apparently helping with setting up at the new store for 2 weeks.

My hours are 1pm to 9pm, 8am to 5pm, and 2pm to 11pm. Another thing, I am supposed to be working part time hours, but since we are in the middle of moving and there is a lot of work to be done I have to work over 40 hour weeks. Hopefully when the grand opening of the new store I will then after a while go to part time hours (12-28 hours), but then again Christmas is coming up so I may need to continue until the new year. I have worked over 40 hours before and I survived. It was way more physical than the job I will work now so hopefully I will be less tired than I was before.

I wanted to work part time because I need to take my courses to go back to college and I will be starting to volunteer at the hospital. I want to volunteer there so I can see which field of health care I like and what I would be getting myself into.

Some of the careers I'm interested in so far are: nurse, practical nurse, pharmacy tech., radiology tech., paramedic or firefighter. I picked these because I am very good in emergency situations. I never freak out and I know exactly what to do without having to think.

I just hope I figure out exactly what career choice is best for me.

Anyways I am hoping my job goes well tomorrow and that I don't get one of the old bitchy ladies to train me. (I was told by family members that there were a couple working in my department that were rude and bitchy, as well as ancient.) Wish me luck!

P.S. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment