Saturday 3 November 2012

Crisis

I had a crisis in which I had to see my doctor and finally admit that there was something wrong with me. He was really nice about it. He did not diagnose me with anything, but did give me medication called cipralex (lexapro). It is used for depression, anxiety, and ocd. I will be meeting with an out patient social worker on Wednesday.

I feel really weird about being on medication and that I'm going to be talking to someone about myself. I hate the stigma that comes with having a mental illness.

I've been on 5mg of the cipralex for 2 days and tomorrow I go to 10 mg. It's been making me feel really weird and sick. Hopefully after a while I will feel better.

I don't know what else to say except I'm trying to get better and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment